Here are some steps to find diversity hires:
- Utilize diverse job boards: Websites such as Black Girl Group offer job listings specifically for underrepresented groups.
- Partner with diversity organizations: Reach out to organizations that support diversity and inclusion in the workplace, such as the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC), and Out & Equal. They may be able to connect you with qualified candidates.
- Utilize social media: Platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook can be used to post job listings and reach a diverse audience. Consider joining groups that focus on diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Attend diversity career fairs: Many cities host career fairs specifically for diverse job seekers. Attending these events can provide you with access to a large pool of diverse candidates in one location.
- Foster an inclusive workplace culture: Creating a workplace that is inclusive and welcoming to all can help you attract and retain a diverse workforce. Consider implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives, such as diversity training, mentorship programs, and employee resource groups.
By implementing these strategies, you can find diversity hires and create a more inclusive workplace that values and celebrates differences.